2012 - a great year in beer!
It's been a busy year for us at Beer Cartel. We just wanted to say a BIG thank you to all our customers and suppliers - we truly appreciate your support and are looking forward to an exciting 2013!
Below are just a few of our big highlights (in no particular order):
- Adding a second growler station and smashing through 100 different beers tapped since pouring growlers
- 3rd anniversary of our monthly beer club – that's over 144 different beers tasted for those that have been a member since the very start!
- Finalist in the 2012 Small Business Champion awards
- Moving beyond offering just growlers to also include squealers
- Reorganising the store and building additional shelving to increase our beer range – wines and spirits are much less important!
- Getting the Beer and Brewer award for best bottleshop less than 300 beers
- Then two months later hitting 300 beers and now moving above 350 beers
- Building our new website where you can finally order beers in singles or six packs (stay tuned for a much increased range online in 2013)
- Development of our tasting room, with tables built by our master builder Geoff (not yet a registered master builder though!)
- Our Epic beer tasting with Brewer Luke Nicholas
- Geoff nominated for bottlestore owner of the year at the NSW Liquor Stores Association awards
- Team Beer Cartel running in the City 2 Surf and Blackmores Marathon/Half Marathon getting PB's all round including a smashing 2hrs 49mins for the marathon by Will!
- Making the 2012 Startup Smart top 50 new startups list
- Raising over $350 for Movember and its two charities; BeyondBlue and the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
Thanks again to everyone's support and roll on 2013 - we've got a few exciting ideas up our sleeves - watch this space!