As many of you may be aware we use Australia Post Wine Parcel for deliveries Australia wide. This service is brilliant for three main reasons:
- Allows us to offer competitive freight rates
- We can deliver to any address Australia Post currently delivers too, or a local Post Office for remote areas
- Very low breakage rates. All parcels are manually handled and placed in metal cages during transport meaning we experience about 0.5% breakages of all the parcels we send out! That's about 5 in every 1000 orders meaning you can shop in confidence your order will get to you in once piece.
Australia Post have recently added some new features to their Wine Parcel system which allows us to provide detailed tracking for all orders that are dispatched. The email address you use when placing and order with Beer Cartel is then linked to your parcel once it is dispatched. This provides purchasers with the following information:
- When the parcel is dispatched from our warehouse, including a consignment number for future tracking.
- A log at each point it has been scanned by Australia Post, e.g. when it reaches one of Australia Posts parcel hubs in different states.
- When it is on-board with the driver and therefore on its way to being delivered.
- When it has been delivered. Perfect for those that are buying beer as gifts for others.
- Notification of when Australia Post has attempted a delivery but no one was home to accept the delivery and as a result the parcel being at the local post office ready for pick up.
All in all these email notifications will make ordering online and receiving parcels easier and provide you with peace of mind that parcels have been delivered. For more information check-out our shipping and returns page.