Craft Beer In Sydney Australia
The craft beer scene in Sydney is well and truly alive. While we stock over 300 craft beers from Australia and around the world for you to take home and enjoy we also have a few favourite craft beer venues that are located in Sydney. Our favourite venues are (in no specific order!):
- Harts Pub: located in The Rocks, Harts Pub is the home of Rocks Brewing. They have 10 taps that rotate various beers, with 5 of these taps often kept to serve their Rocks Brewing beers including the Hangman Pale Ale, The Boxer Red Ale, The Butcher Porter and The Governor Golden Ale. Harts Pub is located at 176 Cumberland Street, The Rocks.
- Local TapHouse Darlinghurst: One of Australia's most awarded beer bars the Local Taphouse has 20 rotating taps and often hosts themed craft beer events, some known as SpecTapulars. The Local Taphouse Darlinghurst is located at 122 Flinders Street, Darlinghurst.
- Belgium Beer Cafe The Rocks: located just down the road from Harts Pub why not make an evening of craft beer degustation and visit both venues and sample some of the finest local and Belgium beers Sydney has to offer. The Belgium Beer Cafe The Rocks is located at 135 Harrington Street.
- Epoque Belgium Beer Cafe: Situated north of the bridge this is the sister venue of the Belgium Beer Cafe in The Rocks. Serving the likes of Rochefort, Leffe, Achel, Timmermans, La Chouffe and Chimay and offering some of the best cooked mussels in Australia it's a hard place to pass up. Epoque Belgium Beer Cafe is located at 429 Miller Street, Cammeray.
- Lord Nelson Hotel: As Sydney's oldest continuosly licensed hotel the Lord Nelson is also located in The Rocks and oozes character and charm. While their main stay beers, Three Sheets Pale Ale and Old Admiral Strong Ale, are reasonably easily found around Australia a visit to the Lord Nelson Hotel will give you the chance to sample some of their keg only and seasonal release beers. The Lord Nelse is located at 19 Kent Street, The Rocks
- Schwartz Brewery: Previously known as the Macquarie Hotel, the owners of this establishment has recently refocused their efforts to be 100% on beer. The majority of the brewery is located in the basement of the hotel however there are fermenters and conditioning tanks located in the main bar area meaning you can enjoy a few ales while future brews are quietly resting away, awaiting their turn to be tapped. The Schwartz Brewery Hotel is located at 40-44 Wentworth Street, Sydney.